Monday, February 4, 2008

Groundhog's Day 2008

So it is here, the Groundhog's day. Which also means that I am another year older...

So far this year I have been wished a "happy 40th birthday" and "happy 41st birthday". I am neither yet, and I guess I finally got to the age when you are actually too afraid to say your real age out loud. As if I won't get older if I just don't say it... Oh, I wish that was possible.
Saturday morning was a little cool, but I got up before everyone else in the house and was totally motivated to go for a short run. Nothing was going to stop me! Not even a rain. A quick search through my husband's closet produces a baseball hat (I hope it's not his favorite...) which I needed for sure. Twenty minute run and I was totally soaked, hat and all. But it felt SO good!


For my birthday lunch I got to pick where we got to go. I love Japanese and someone suggested "the best sushi place in town" to my husband, so that's where we went.

Syun is a small place, tucked away behind an old library with a comfortable atmosphere. The service and the food was most excellent! I have MY favorite Japanese restaurant picked out now.



We ordered a couple of Sushi combos and a couple of side orders of sushi. Plenty of food to go around.

Everyone had their favorites picked out. Jon liked the rice and pork, Gabe liked the rice and the tiny little (misago) fish eggs of the California rolls, Larissa liked the Spider roll with rice and miso soup, and parents got to eat all the delicious sushi.

What a nice day, just for me!

No comments: