Monday, September 29, 2008

September 27 weekend

There is something about busy weekends that makes them go by so fast...

On Friday night we went to my old friend's son's 10th birthday party. We were quite late because it started at the same time I get off work, then I still had to get the kids (and change Larissa's site, before the scheduled time), etc. By the time we got there, at was almost over. The good thing is that I finally got the see their kids that I haven't seen in eight years (!) and we stopped at Uwajimaya store on the way home and got some "marble" soda for the kids.

On Saturday we made the now regular trip to a Saturday Market and loaded up on local fruits and vegetables. There is one vendor that I especially like, they are from a Gales Creek farm (which is coincidentally the same area where Larisa went to a Diabetes Camp this past summer). Their produce is just as good as anyone else around them, but their prices are quite a bit lower.
After we got home We made a batch of mini cupcakes to decorate later, then we decided to head out and do something outside of the house. We took a vote and unanimously decided on OMSI.
There is a new exhibit at OMSI, all about puzzles. Once we got there, that's pretty much where we spent the rest of our day. There was just so much to do!

Sunday was the day of JDRF walk, and I knew something was up when Jon started to tell me that he has an ear infection (yes, not an earache, but an ear infection he insisted). We drove to Oak Park anyway, but as soon as we got there Jon laid down on the grass and fell asleep. (I took him to the Dr on Monday and turns out that Jon does have a terrible ear infection... in both ears!)
I decided against the actual 5K walk, since I didn't think I can carry him all that way, and instead, I just let Gabe and Larissa play in the sun.

Oh, we also got to see the Trailblazers' stunt group perform for us too!

No comments: