Monday, January 19, 2009

January 17th weekend

This weekend we mostly stayed home. I was trying to catch up on my crafting and watching movies, kids were mostly enjoying playing computer games.

Larissa and I got a "High School Musical" fleece blanket kit and finished it together. We agreed that none of the characters looked "human" on the blanket or too much like themselves, but the blanket is nice and soft, so it will do just fine.
There were a few pieces of material leftover, and Larissa didn't let them get wasted. She made an outfit for her Barbie. Very interesting use of staples and tape... talk about fast.
I also finished my wool hat. I changed my mind about half way through, on how I was going to decorate it, but I think it turned out OK. I did learn that felting wool in a washing machine is easy, but it takes longer and you have less control on the end results. Also, it takes felted wool an extremely long time to dry on it's own.
Gabe asked if I have a hat for him too, so I quickly made one more:

No comments: