Monday, August 17, 2009

Mid-August 2009

This week certainly had it's ups and downs.

Tim and I realized that the summer is almost over, our kids are getting ready to go back to school and we haven't done anything exciting as a family... actually, in years...

We did manage to get the paperwork going for our passports, so soon enough we will be able to be spontaneously crazy. Not yet though...

For now, we have to limit our adventures to within the borders of US.

At first we considered a road trips and a Pacific ocean cruise, but that's just not exciting enough, we went a little over the top and booked us a week long trip to Hawaii!

I have to admit that my fear of flying is getting on the way of a restful sleep at night and causing me some anxiety... Well, if that wasn't enough, we got a guilt trip attempt from Tim's ex about not including his two oldest kids in our planning. The same two kids that chose to stay home with their friends this summer and not visit us. Funny how suddenly they feel entitled (or is it really their Mom who feels that way?..)

I am continuing with doing long runs on Saturdays and this weekend was my personal best. 15 miles!! I did have to stop (quite) a few times, but I did finish it!

Larissa and I took a walk on Sunday for lunch, but it turned out that many establishments around here are not open on Sundays, so we ended up checking out a local Goodwill store and a Mexican grocery store instead. I found a Russian scarf and cup of flan for me at those two places (guess which one where, LOL). Larissa got a winter dress ($2, can't beat that) and a huge doughnut.

A few things I learned this weekend:
  • Good night sleep makes a HUGE difference during a long run. Staying up till 2am the night before is not an option. Darn instant Netflix!! So many choices.
  • You should not attempt a split once you pass your teenage years. Gabe and I were goofing around and I managed to do something to my hip, while showing off my flexibility. Not sure what I did, but it was accompanied by a loud "Pop!". Even Gabe heard it. Ouch! I am in some serious pain now and no longer can touch my toes. I hope it goes away before the Marathon...
  • Miserable people are eager to share their misery. Hence the harassment by Tim's ex.
  • If you want Larissa to go to the store with you, and she is not interested, ask Gabe or Jon instead... It never fails!

I also made a necklace using beads from the Planet Bead's grab bag challenge.

No comments: