Monday, August 16, 2010

August 14th weekend. Another try at Summer Camp.

This weekend I was a little more careful bout getting all excited about Larissa's Summer Camp.  Just as I found out a week earlier, so much can change so fast...

Our first Saturday stop was at LOWE'S, where we registered a while back for a kid's build.  We made Bug Boxes and got free Wendy's frosty coupon, which we redeemed right after.

We then re-packed all the camping supplies and re-double-checked Larissa had everything she will need.  Everyone seemed a little less excited about accompanying her to the campgrounds, so I just took Jon along.

When we checked in Larissa was happy to find out that her best friend Emily from last summer was in the same session.  I hope they pick up from where they left off last year!

Jon enjoyed playing catch with one of the camp counselors while waiting for our check-in to be completed.  He even agreed that he would like to stay for the week, when I jokingly asked him if he was interested...

On Sunday we got to go to Bullwinkle's park, courtesy of our work.  It was predicted to be a hot day, so it was nice to start off earlier in a day and be done before it got too hot.  We enjoyed everything we tried, and even the food was great.

I have to admit that I found out that I am a big chicken....  Miranda, Gabe and I decided to try a rope walking obstacle course, and after the first leg, Gabe and I bailed out...  Miranda finished it and Gabe decided to try again with Dad and Jon.
Jon didn't hesitate for a moment.  He took his time and he was actually a couple of inches shorter than a minimum required height, but kept going and finished the whole thing!  He couldn't even reach any of the support ropes to help keeping his balance...  wow, he sure showed me!
See it here (one leg of the challenge):  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X35PddyagGE

No comments: