Monday, January 24, 2011

January 22nd weekend

Weather started cold and rainy, but quickly turned into a sunny dry weekend.


Larissa started school choir on Friday, it meets after school and kids miss their school bus, which means "there goes another lunch break" for me.  Luckily, Jon is allowed to stay with her, so that's one less thing to worry about.
On the way to pick them up I exchanged my mailed in flier for a free weekend pass to the Gem Fair.  I always end up buying more than I need.  All the shiny things just draw me right in.  It's a girl thing, I think.

On Saturday Larissa and I run some errands, then off to the Wedding shower for my co-worker.  On the way we discovered a hazelnut store in Cornelius and HAD to go in and buy some treats.  That alone made the trip well worth it.

Later that night Miranda had a Formal Winter dance to attend.  She got a new dress just for that.


On Sunday we decided to check out Big Al's morning bowling special, plus kids have been begging to go bowling for a very long time.  We had a blast! 
Jon bowled with the bumpers and even managed to get a strike.  Larissa tried with and without the bumpers and settled on "without".  Gabe had to downgrade his bowling ball from 10 to 9 lb and had much better luck, but kept unsuccessfully trying to curve the ball...

 We all had a great time and agreed to do this again soon!

No comments: