Monday, February 21, 2011

February 19th weekend

This Saturday Gabe and I went to the Mt Hood Meadows for another snowboarding session (for him).  Although, I didn't work up the courage to get on skis or a snowboard this time.  Its' been so long, I don't know if I still have the skill to keep my balance on two wooden planks, let alone one!  I used this trip to keep Gabe company and to asses things in general.

Aside from forgetting my pre-packed lunch in the fridge at home, we had a great time.  I packed plenty of snacks and drinks to eat in place of my lunch, and Gabe was more than happy with an all beef hot dog and fries.
One bad news, my Digital SLR camera broke.  Nothing obvious, it just stopped working.  Of course, that happened right after I took two photos on arrival, so no great pix from this trip...  I though that cold temperatures had something to do with it, but even after we were back, it wouldn't work.  I am guessing it's time for a new camera!

On Sunday we went back to Big Al's to bowl.  I think kids are loosing their excitement of bowling.  They all got tired rather fast.  So, now we know, two games max.  They have no patience for more than that.

 After bowling, we went to Salvador Molly's restaurant for late lunch.  We have seen it featured on one of our favorite shows Men Vs. Food and wanted to try out their Great Balls of Fire (habanera fritters with habanera salsa).
When we arrived, we found that a whole place was contaminated with peanuts (LOL), they were offered to each table in a bowl, to snack on.  As you know, Gabe is deadly allergic to peanuts, so we stayed, but took extra precautions. No nuts at the table, we wiped it clean, and made sure waiter checked on other foods for nuts...  Gabe was a little worried, but all turned out ok.
I didn't want to do their 5-ball challenge, but was really curious, so we ordered two, just to taste.  That was a good decision!  I ended up eating most of it, and I KNOW I could do the challenge, but what that did to my stomach was SO not worth it!  I had to take medicine just to feel better later.  Plus, I couldn't really taste the food served...
All in all, Food quality was OK, waiter staff was not great, place is small, parking is horrible.  Probably wont's be going back.
After the restaurant we stopped at the Uwajimaya store, just to find out that my wallet was missing!!  Lucky for me, apparently, it was left behind at the Salvador Molly's, so we made another trip to that place...  and I was thrilled it was found!

No comments: