Monday, March 21, 2011

March 19th weekend


Gabe's official weekday practice started on Monday, so from here to June, we got most of our weeknights tied up with getting him to and from practice.

This weekend we decided to all go skiing & snowboarding, just not all at once.
I took the boys with me on Saturday and Tim took the girls up on Sunday.

We all got up early on Saturday, packed our lunches and headed to the bus pick up location.  Drive was slick, but uneventful.  Right with the sunrise we know it will be a beautiful day!  and it was all the way till about 3pm, when some clouds came in and it started to snow.
I started my day with a second snowboarding lesson, leaving Jon in charge of teaching Gabe how to ski on the smallest hill, the "Magic carpet".  It begun a little rough, with Jon expressing his frustration with the hill by laying on the snow and  refusing to get up. 
I decided to let the boys resolve their problems by themselves... and go on with my lesson.  It paid off.   By the time I was done, Gabe was already comfortable skiing.  Jon was proud to be his coach and "teaching him everything he knows".After a quick lunch (with some giant hot dogs) we returned to the slopes.  This time we tried out the Buttercup lift.

Both boys outlasted me by a long run.  I finally let Jon go up the ski lift by himself and he did great.  I don't think he needs any one's help anymore.  He can do the whole skiing thing!
Ride home was very quiet.  We were all so ready for a nap.

On Sunday Tim took the girls up to the Meadow Mountain.  He had pretty bad luck with getting there...  It snowed the night before and all the snow that melted during Saturday froze overnight...
Bus arrived an hour and a half late, so Miranda missed a morning lesson and had to wait for the afternoon one.
But even with all the travel troubles, everyone had great time.  Many good stories to tell us and much excitement to share.
Looking forward to next time!

No comments: