Monday, October 15, 2007

Mid October weekend

I think the Fall is finally here. This was the coldest weekend yet this season, by far. The sun barely came out and the wind, it seems, was brushing up on it's skills all weekend long.


This Saturday we went out to play some Miniature Golf. Kids had fun at first, but right around hole #4 Gabe managed to get his golf ball over the fence. There was no way to get it, so I let him use mine. From there on, it just got so chaotic.


Jon would put a ball 6 inches away from the hole, get it in, and yell "hole in one! I got hole in one!"
Larissa would get upset because she didn't get a hole in one.


Gabe would charge ahead and not wait for any one. Next thing I know, we are on three different holes...

Then right as we were finishing up our course, I hear an owner walking around and yelling: "does anyone own a black Expedition?!" Yep, that's right, my truck got another "bump".
Two weeks ago I got hit from the back, while I was sitting at the red light. This week some lady had trouble pulling into a parking spot next to me, and here is what I got now:



I know it's not a big deal, but at this rate, there won't be much of a truck left by the end of the year...


Tim suggested checking my bumper to see if I have magnets there... funny...

************
On Sunday we ventured out (in a rain) to the Miramont Castle in Manitou (Colorado).


Honestly, I was a bit disappointed. Not sure what I expected... I think it was mostly because of a lady at the front desk, who was really pushy with my kids about me buying her book for them. I hate being put on a spot like that. Especially, when I have a certain budget and have never heard of her or her (tooth fairy) book!

The castle was nice, but it would have been be more meaningful if we had a tourguide who could tell us the history of it and not some two-sided flyer! LOL
After the castle we went to a "Penny Arcade" in Manitou Springs, but the only Penny relation we could find there was the arcade's name...
Never the less, kids had a blast, played games and got a bunch of totally cheap and useless rewards.

Jon, the Batman

Oh, while at the castle, Gabe bought this gun that actually pops gun-powder-filled paper and it makes a loud popping sound and smells awful, but he totally thought he was The Cowboy for the day. He even gave his sister a ride on this yellow stallion.

No comments: