Monday, April 7, 2008

Circus Time!

Now that we are done looking for a house, we can spend more time doing fun thing.

(Jonathan watching Gabe and Larissa skating)


This Saturday, after our skating class, we went to see a circus performance. Nothing like the "real deal" of Ringling Brothers Circus, but the price was right, and it was worth every penny ($9.00 admission and $8.00 parking)!
As soon as we entered the facility, I got my bag searched and I was told that "all professional cameras with detachable lens need to be checked in"... I didn't expect that, but decided to comply and asked where I check it in. Security guard looked at me and said, "or if you promise not to take pictures, you can keep it"... Easier said than done, but I agreed. And I honestly lasted till the last 5 minutes of the performance, then I could take it no more. It seemed unfair to me that everyone around me without the "detachable" lenses were taking pictures all night long with the flashes going off, and I couldn't... Digital cameras nowadays are so good, you don't need a detachable lens to take great photos. Why would they be allowed and not me?


During the show kids kept begging for those overpriced toys, but I was strong, and resisted every plea. I actually didn't take much cash with me just to make it easier. We walked in with $11.00 in my pocket and $4 cotton candy later, all I had was $7.00.
Larissa has been wishing to take a pony ride, seems like, forever, and I finally decided that if she makes sure it's OK with her brothers (since I didn't have enough money for everyone), I will let her spend $5.00 on a ride. I am glad I did. Apparently, she is right on the border line of a maximum allowed weight. This might have been her last chance to ride a pony!


Gabe and Jon didn't seem jealous at all, but they made sure to ask for extra money next time we are at a Dollar Store:


Sunday we spent shopping, and watching "Alvin and the Chipmunks"), or as Jon calls it ("Adam and the Chipmunks").
Earlier in a day Larissa and I went to a Wetland next to my work to find that creature I told them about (Nutria) and we were lucky enough to find it right away. Now they believe me :-)

No comments: