Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Fathers Day weekend, 2008

This Friday a group from work had an "off site event". We went to the Jackson Bottom Wetland preserve. Turned out to be a gorgeous day for that too. After, what seems like an endless rain and cold in Oregon, we finally had a nice warm sunny day.
We started off with a delicious boxed lunch from Penera's Bread, then went on a guided walk. Learned new things about local nature and enjoyed the fresh air.
Friday night Tim returned from MI, and his girls flew in the same night, just in time for Fathers Day!
On Saturday I run Helvetia Half-Marathon (http://www.runwithpaula.com/)! That's right, 13.1 miles.
Since I have not trained, I decided to run until I can run no more, then walk the rest. As the adrenaline kicked in, I felt like I can do anything, so I kept pushing myself, repeatedly recalculating (in my head) how many miles I completed vs. how many miles are left...
When I got to the mile mark "7", I thought to my self "I am already more then half way done, might as well keep going..." Then I would count the number of miles left in my race and not how far I am into it. I think that helped. I surpassed all personal expectations. My goal was to finish in 3 hours and I was done in 2 hours and 14 minutes!
Needless to say, I was (and still am) pretty sore...
Sunday we all enjoyed a nice day and all the pretty flowers we have in our garden.

No comments: