Monday, July 13, 2009

July 11th weekend

This weekend was much cooler than we anticipated, but a nice change.
On Friday we finally got around fixing a couple of broken sprinkle heads, gave it a test run (also a nice change for me from having to use a water hose), and not five minutes later is started raining. Oh, well, that's how things work it seems.
On Saturday I increased my training long run to 11 miles. Just enough to watch movie "Enchanted". I wanted to watch a movie that came in the mail, but it was a Blu-ray (which wouldn't play on my old TV in the garage)...
I think weather had something to do with every one's energy level. No one wanted to get dressed or go anywhere, so we limited out fun to a Saturday Market. Larissa insisted on getting me a flower bouquet (never mind that I had to pay for it), and she got to pick her colors. She picked yellow and red and it turned out gorgeous! She is so sweet.
When we got home Jon and Larissa took turns taking pictures with Mom. They turned out pretty good (I did have to crop them):
Jon took this one
and Larissa took this one (you can see her flowers on the kitchen table)
On Sunday I got up early, got some household chores out of the way, then Larissa and I headed out to the Bead Fair at the Convention Center. We met up with our friends and took a MAX train there.

There is a very cool Foucault pendulum by the main entrance. I have yet to figure out exactly how it works, but it is sure cool looking and always attracts onlookers of all ages.

"No pictures allowed" at the Fair, so nothing to post here. I have to say that seeing SO MUCH beads was a bit tiring. When you are given too many choices, it is that much harder to choose. I got a few things that were either unique or cheaper than in a store, but I found that most things were not much of a bargain (comparing to the Internet prices). I was also disappointed that there weren't many "free demos" and "hands on workshops"...

To complete a great day out, all us "girls" stopped at the Rock Bottom for a late lunch before heading back home.

"99 bottles of beer on the wall"...

"98 bottles of beer on the wall"... after we left...

It never warmed up enough to take a jacket off either.

1 comment:

jenrust said...

I had fun on our little outing! :) We definatly need to go out again!