Monday, July 20, 2009

June 18th weekend


This weekend was one of those where you do so much, but feel like you accomplish so little...

Here is how my crazy Saturday went:

Wake up early.

Wash dishes.

Run 12 miles (while watching a movie rented last night).

Wash kitchen floors and do some other light cleaning and laundry.

Get everyone fed (except for Larissa who doesn't want to get up).

Clean up and get ready to face the day.

Take boys along and go return a video.

Stop by the library and return some book.

Since we are right at the park, I let boys play at the playground for ~30 minutes, while I am seeping my home brewed coffee, before the weather gets too hot to enjoy the outdoors.

**It is still only 10 am!**

Talk to a homeless lady, who is really disappointed I don't smoke! Darn that healthy life style of mine!

Hop back in the car and drive to a Russian food store on the other side of town.


(Gabe really loves taking pictures. 99% are silly, but once in a while he gets an interesting shot, like this one)

Buy too much food and wonder if I really needed all of that.

Find out that one of the chocolate eggs (kind ALWAYS get it when we go to a Russian store) is missing a surprise toy, I get back out and go inside the store to buy another egg, while letting a sales girl know about our misfortune. I get questioned about my honesty... (Really? for a $2 candy, you think I would go through all the trouble of staging a missing toy?.. I hope she was kidding!) and I wasn't asking for a free egg, I was just letting her know.

(Here is what happens to a child who ate too much chocolate)

We then drive to a berry farm on Sauvie Island and get THE BEST blueberries ever.
(Jon was not a picker, but a taster. He would taste a berry and rate it with two thumbs. Both up, both down or one up and one down, based on the berry quality)

Stop to get gas, or take a chance of not making home.

We are back home!

***What? it's only 3 pm?..***

OK, I have time to go and lay out in the sun for an hour!!

I take a note of how horribly destroyed our backyard is now, by the skunk. It might even be beyond repair. Can't wait till the trap I ordered arrives!

Done daydreaming in the sun, back inside.

I run our sprinklers and adjust all the heads, while getting soaked, but it feels good, too hot outside.

Make dinner, eat, and park on the couch.

I think I am done for the day. Phew! Oh, wait, I still have to fold the laundry!


Sunday is just as crazy, but this time it's all around the house. I finally got myself to finish Larissa's room remodeling project. It was the last and the easiest part, but for some reason I had a million excuses to keep pushing it to another weekend, and another, and...
All it was left is her closet! Ok, I did have to get everything out first, and tape out the door and window (which I hate doing). Boy, did it feel good to finally complete it! Of course, while painting, I got more ideas to what else I want to do with her walk-in closet.

I let Jon help me take the blue tape off afterwards. He was so excited to be able to help!

Then I moved on to the yard work. So much done, but so much more to do! Too hot out there! Back inside.

Oh, look more work! Vacuuming, washing and doing laundry. Doesn it ever end?

Finally, Tim came up to me and said: "can you please stop making everyone else look lazy?" Ha! Ha!

Ok, Ok, I will slow down...
(Larissa discovered a timed shot option on our camera. I don't even know where it is... kids...)

No comments: