Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween 2009

We survived another Halloween!
OK, my week didn't start off too well. On Thursday I found out that my car's windshield was leaking rain into my truck and flooding the floors on the passenger's side. It was probably going on for a while, I just didn't notice it. So, if inside of your window looks like the picture above, run to your car dealer and have them look at it!!
I ended up getting a rental for the weekend to drive around...
On Friday we all went to Tim's work Halloween party. On a much smaller scale than the one at my work, but much easier to get around. Unfortunately, I think Larissa ate something there that made her sick and she ended up throwing up all night long. We now had Gabe and Larissa both get sick on Halloween. At least I will be prepared for Jon next year ;-)
I think having costumes' choices makes it more difficult, because everyone decided to change from the character they were earlier in the week...
On Saturday, the actual Halloween, we started off by going to the shopping center by our house. They had a 3-5pm scheduled event. I think I would rather call it a "3-5pm disaster"!
Not only it was packed, candy were pretty lousy, half the stores did not participate, I couldn't get out of my parking spot at the end! If we do it next year, we will walk there!
At 6pm Gabe, Larissa, Jon and I went around the neighborhood. Tim and Miranda stayed home to give candy away. By 6:30pm it was dark. By 7pm we were "done" and ready to go back. I do wish our neighborhood was more into GIVING candy... for the distance we covered, we should have had a lot more candy.

Oh, an yes, once again, costumes changed right before we left...

No comments: