Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Independence Day 2010


Looks like the Summer is finally here!  It took a while, but now that it is here, it is stinking HOT! 
First we have a record coldest and a record wettest Summer, then , fast forward to this week, and we are breaking records with the hot temperatures.  That's Oregon for you...

This Saturday I got busy with everything I meant to do when it gets warm (and I have some free time), including cleaning a back deck, and pressure-washing the backyard cement slab, putting up Jon's "igloo" for him to play outback, and finally making those "home made pop tarts".

Jon quickly settled in his tent with a portable DVD player and pretty much spent all day there:

I had a little bit of trouble rolling out pop-tarts' dough thin enough, but I think they came out pretty good.
I think the fact that they were all gone in two days speaks for itself...
On Sunday I took kids to the store and we picked out some fireworks.  Nothing crazy (not that we could with the Oregon's laws anyway).  When it finally got dark we joined our neighbors and put up some firework show!

No comments: