Monday, September 20, 2010

September 18th weekend

This weekend we decided to get girls' room cleaned up a bit, so on Saturday we all went to IKEA.  Tim has never been there and kids think the store is fun because you can try all of the furniture on display.  Larissa and I also like the food there, and as it turns out they also have a really good deal on a hot dog meal, which made Gabe's day!

Gabe and Jon picked a dining table they liked and pretended it was theirs.
We found that WiFi at IKEA is no go, but food is still good, especially the desert.


On Sunday I took Larissa and Jon to get fresh vegetables and fruits.  First we put our rubber boots on, since it rained all last night.  Then, I let kids pick their veggies.  Larissa found the largest zucchini ever, I hope she eats it when I prepare it, but I am doubtful...

Then, kids found a "moon with a face" shaped eggplant and just had to get it.  Again, I hope they eat it too...

Next stop, Heritage apple farm.  They had THE prettiest freshly picked apples and the best apple cider ever!  Apples were a little tough though, so I think they need to sit out and ripen a little...

On the way home we stopped at Target and checked out their Halloween inventory...  Kind of freaky, don't you think?

No comments: