Monday, September 27, 2010

September 25th weekend

Ah, now that kids are getting older, Tim and I can have an occasional date night.  This Friday we went out for dinner, then to a Mandolin Orchestra concert.

Dinner was not great, sadly.  We went to the same place I once had a meal at, and that time it was pretty decent, not this time though...  Waiter couldn't understand simple questions I was asking and kept telling me something completely irrelevant... I ordered a green curry dish with Thai noodles and I was served a HUGE dish of what appeared to be some green soup.  It wasn't tasty and way way too runny.  Tim's dish didn't live up to his expectations either, he swore he is not coming back to this place.  Overpriced, under-delivered.  Chef Ramsay would shut them down!  I don't even want to know what their kitchen looked like...

On a brighter site, the concert was great!

Saturday was spent taking Jon to his friend's (Jack's) birthday party, catching up on my unfinished crafts projects and trying to clean up the house.  I managed to make a big batch of chocolate fudge before taking off and when I returned I found all the kids (minus Jon who was with me) sitting at the table with an enormous size serving of fudge in front of each...  I guess they liked it.

While Jon was at his friend's house I dropped by the Crafts Warehouse for a beading event and made a couple of free crafts, which gave me some more project ideas. Noooo, I need to finish all the ones I already started!

Later that day my friend Jennifer and I held a photo session for Miranda's senior pictures.  My camera was acting weird and as a result I had some "good" pictures, but nothing "great" (in my opinion, anyway).  Jennifer took some great shots and Miranda is using one of them for the yearbook.  Thanks Jennifer, you saved me!

This is the one.

Sunday was a little slow.  Again, some yard work, a couple of movies to catch up on, cook, clean, wash, the weekend is gone.  Next weekend can't get here quick enough!

1 comment:

jenrust said...

the photo shoot was fun! we should do it again!