Monday, November 26, 2007

Nov 17th-18th weekend

Another week just past me by...

This was mostly a cold weekend, which started out nice, but got cooler and cooler as we got closer to Monday.
Kids were really excited over not having to go back to school for a whole week, sleeping in, playing video games.
I was playing around on Paint Shop and they asked me to put their faces on Shrek's characters. I gave it a shot:
My Fiona

(You can find the other two characters on my Flickr.com)

Saturday turned out to be pretty disastrous... I got an email from an old friend regarding free flu shots that were to be offered at a few locations in town (as a part of Pandemic Training). Since I already got mine, all I needed was to get the kids'. I decided not to tell them and just take them there, so I wouldn't have to deal with tears too far out...
It was scheduled to start at 9am, and based on what I was told happened last year, I wasn't in much rush to get there. Well, big mistake! I went to a location closest to my house (and coincedentally, in a middle of largely populated area), and I could tell this was not going to happen when I saw a line going around the block! Parking attendant told me to "just go home and do something else". They already estimated that they were short on vaccine. :-( Darn!
In a final desperate attempt, I headed out to another location 10 miles North of us, thinking that since it was on the outskirts of town, with less population, etc. I might have better luck.
As I got closer, I found out that my proactive Google map search sent me to the NEW location of the high school, and I had no idea where the old location was. A little driving around, getting to know the town better, finally got me to it, all too late. They were not only all out of vaccine, but done with the crowd too! Grr!
On the way back home, we remembered seeing an article in a newspaper about an alpacas show by the local farmers, with some merchandise for sale:
Brown alpaca

Spinning wool
Honestly, I was rather disappointed with the fact that about half the product was not locally made, but imported from Peru! So much for a local flavor.

Sunday was another day of enjoying the last of Fall's warmth, playing on a playground, and taking it easy!
Ice cream
Plus, we had to get out of the house, so that potential buyers could look at it...

No comments: