Monday, December 24, 2007

December 22nd week(+end)

This was one of the more depressing weeks I had in a while.

We had out Fab23 Winter Party, but all in all it was more of a "Fab23 Shut down party". It was at a pretty nice hotel downtown Colorado Springs (Antlers Hilton) and it was scheduled for 6pm - midnight. I didn't want to miss the party and I didn't have anyone to watch the kids for that long, plus I wasn't sure if we were to get another snow storm and I might have trouble getting back home, so I went ahead and booked a room there.
I have to say that the hotel is a lot more impressive on the outside than it is on the inside... Carpets were not exactly clean, the ice machine wasn't working, and the elevator was acting crazy when I tried using it. It just sat there, opening and closing doors, over and over. I used the stairs...

We upgraded the room to face the mountains. I took advantage and took a night shot view.


The food at the party was pretty good, not spectacular, but decent. It was mostly finger food type. The lines were long, but I was lucky to be sitting right by the door, so when the announcement was made to go get food, I was right there ;-)

There were many really nice prizes given away, including a laptop, PS3, MP3 players... I got nothing though, not lucky at that.
I kept going back and forth between the hotel room and the party. Kids got a room service ($$!) and later I brought them some dessert from my party. They were so tired, they had no problem falling asleep in our king size bed!


The following Friday my co-workers took me out for a Farewell lunch at a Peruvian restaurant!


It was my first time trying food from Peru. Apparently they just opened up recently. One of my coworker is married to a guy from Peru, so I suppose they know if it is really a good food or not :-)

The rest of the weekend was spent cleaning out the house and throwing more stuff away. Our grill only spent an hour by the curb before if disappeared!

We made our rounds and gave presents to the neighbors. We are blessed to be surrounded by such nice people! We will truly miss them...

No comments: