Monday, December 3, 2007

December 1st weekend

Yea! December is here and Christmas if just around the corner!!!
This Saturday we heard about a Breakfast with Santa event at the Mall, with all the proceeds going to an Empty Stocking fund, and of course, we had to do it! Even if it meant getting up at 7am!
With all the best efforts, we still managed to be 30 minutes late getting there, but no worries, there were plenty of food left, Santa was still there, the Magician Guy, the Balloon Lady, and the Children Chorale... although the last one was on their final song when we arrived.
(Jon surprised me witha big hug for Santa... I have to admit, this Santa was pretty believable looking.)

Later in a day, as I headed out to the Post Office, I noticed a drastic change on the skies. So very typical for Colorado, blue sky turns into a huge black cloud in a matter of an hour! I just had to pull over and snap this shot.

It rained lightly later that night, but that didn't turn into snow, as I anticipated...

Because of some feedbacks we have been getting from the potential buyers on our house being "clattered", I decided to clean up even more. I took pretty much all the photos/arts off the walls and stashed them away in kids' closets.
Since I was already in their closets, I went on with cleaning those out, and it just went from there. I now have a few garbage bags full of donations to take to Goodwill.

I think I am finally getting really worried about the move. Don't know how long before the house sells, but there is only two more weeks of school left for the kids this semester, then we will have to move and settle into a new school in OR, but where?.. That's the piece of a puzzle I don't have!

I need to give two-week notice to Jon's Daycare and find another one in OR.


Gabe will miss his friends a lot, I already know it...

Another challenge is getting, whatever school we go to, to work with us on Larissa's Medical Care Plan (or section 504 Care Plan). It worked for us very well in CO, but you always hear stores about those "other states / schools" that refuse any accomodations. I really hope that won't be the case!

No comments: