Sunday, December 9, 2007

December 8th weekend

(~5am, before the sun-rise, view from my window)

Ah, the joy of freezing weather and un-drivable roads. Got to love Winter!

I had to take my truck in on Saturday to an appointment, scheduled earlier in the week, at the Firestone for a tune-up before my long drive to OR. Had I known that the weather will play a trick on me, I would've probably stayed home that day. Luckily, since it was so early in the morning, I didn't have to deal with too many arrogant drivers. I only slid a couple of times, despite going really slow.
I was certainly glad to be home in one piece. We turned on the fireplace and watched Pirates of the Caribbean III. What a looooong movie...

On Sunday we made our gingerbread house, and this year we hope that Jonathan won't eat all the gum drops off of it when we are not looking :-)

Only a few minor melt downs later, over who just ate another candy instead of adding it to the roof, and who is decorating which side of the house, we had our finished product:

I guess gold fish crackers were going in the pond (?) outside the house. Yet, somehow, they also ended up on the door too.


Larissa and I shoveled the snow late morning and I decided to start up (and warm up) my truck, but with no luck! It just wouldn't start. I suppose 14 degree temperature (mind you, already higher than it was last night) might have something to do with it. Eventually, I was able to get it going and left it running for a bit. I sure hope this is only an isolated incident. Last thing I need is getting stuck with no car...

No comments: