Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgivings Day weekend

Last weekend was a big blur. With my Mom's late arrival on a Sunday night and getting everything ready for Thanksgivings Day...
******
Kids school had a kids' book reading event on a Tuesday night, where we met the book writer (Mike Thaler) and each kid got a FREE autographed book! What a great deal, and what a great night for the kids.

This week is going by a little slower. Perhaps because I don't have to go to work for five days straight! Yahoo for that!
******
We had a great traditional feast this Thursday. With the turkey, the pies, and all the fixings. The only thing I did different this year is cooking turkey in a slow cooker. I tell you what, I think I will stick with it! I got a 13 lb turkey, all defrosted, spiced and looking pretty into a cooker at a low temperature the night before, switched to high temperature first thing in the morning and it was pretty much ready by noon. I let it sit there on low for a bit longer though. By the time I served it, it was falling off the bones. Yummy!! Also, a few hours before being all done, I put a bunch of vegetables inside of it (the turkey opened up like a treasure chest), drained some excess liquids and that just made it that much better!


I also finished my crocheting project that I started last weekend. I super-monkey for Jon. I like the way it came out and I learned quite a lot too ;-)
Now, I have to keep my promise to make a cat for Gabe and a (hmm... I am not sure WHAT it is...) creature by the name of Strawbeary for Larissa. I suppose it is a bear, but I question that ;-)

1 comment:

mary said...

I LOVE the monkey!!! I wanna a penguin!!!! You did an amazing job, and now you can teach me.