Monday, March 2, 2009

Good bye February! Hello March.

Oregon spring is here, which means that we will be teased by an occasional sunshine, but will mostly deal with either a drizzle or a heavy downpour. I suppose it's good for the grass... But sadly, it is also good for the moss in my yard. I see a trip to Home Depot in my near future.
This weekend I got a chance to cut some more vines in our backyard, cut them into small chunks and dispose of them, but there is still so much more.

Saturday was a quiet day for us. Larissa and I drove to WA, so I could purchase some decongestants... I know, I know... Silly, but you have to have a prescription in OR to buy it, and I didn't feel like spending $20 for a co-pay fee just to see my Dr so I could ask for a prescription... We made a girls' day out of it by having lunch together at my favorite sushi place.
Kids re-discovered the Bright-light toy and had lots of fun making their pictures. Then, both Gabe and Larissa tripped over the cord (once each), which resulted in a large spill of pegs all over the floor... That's when we had to say "all done!". I think this toy should not have a power cord. That is just plain dangerous for the little kids.
My only other goal for the weekend was to find a table that kids can use in their room for the Logo's. Something I didn't worry about scratching and something that had a place for the storage of extra pieces. Boy, did I luck out! Sunday morning I decided to take a quick look at http://www.craigslist.org/ and the very top (newest) posting was exactly what I was looking for. It said "first come", so I immediately called the seller and told him I was on my way to get it. $20 later I got the table, and no more Lego pieces all over the floor. Kids can sit in front of the table and not slouch over the floor. I am so happy!

No comments: