Monday, March 9, 2009

March snow

Another week went by. We are getting closer and closer to the Summer, but weekends like this past one, sure make it feel like we are not even close.
Friday was a Western Day for kids at their school. Here is Larissa's version of a cowgirl:
This weekend I finally decided that I am ready to take on Larissa's room remodeling project. My biggest fear turned into reality. Taking off old wallpaper is quite challenging already, but discovering that previous owners just slapped the wallpaper directly onto a drywall is plain discouraging.
What I though would be a simple "remove wallpaper and paint" job is looking like "remove wallpaper, prime, texture, prime, paint" job now, but we are taking it easy. The job is messy and the process is slow, because you have to wait for paper to saturate before moving on. Kids had fun though... (pictured in Larissa's closet):
I see this possibly turning into a couple-of-months project for my weekends.
On Sunday Tim surprised Gabe with a new mountain bike. Gabe's old bike was barely big enough and not very well equipped for going on the actual trail. Hard to go trailing with a single speed bike... Gabe is happy he got a new bike, Larissa is happy she got Gabe's old bike!

I snapped this picture this morning, before going to the bus stop, while the sun was still sleeping in. I wish I could sleep in too. This Daylight Savings is just not going too well.

No comments: