Monday, April 27, 2009

April 25th weekend

What was predicted to be a nice weekend, was not. It wasn't (really) sunny and it wasn't warm. Instead, it rained on and off and never got nice enough for a short-sleeve. So much for the weather reports on the news...

Saturday, as always, started off with a swimming lesson. All the kids are making quite a progress. Gabe was perfecting swimming on his back. Nice form!
The rest of the day was spent cleaning, eating, then watching TV. Why not, it was a perfect weather for it...
On Sunday we had a few options for a family fun event and chose a trip to the Oregon Convention Center for a 2009 Crafts Fair. Local metal, wood, glass, pottery, bead & textile experts had things to sell. I like to attend those for inspiration. Kids like anything hands-on, as was the case with a pottery kids' corner.
Gabe made a monster, Larissa made a birthday cake and a person, and Jon just liked the feeling of a knife cutting through a soft clay.
I didn't buy anything at the show (I am so proud of me!). Mostly because everything was extremely expensive by my budget... but I got a few ideas of what I might make next ;-)

1 comment:

Dr.Rutledge said...

Hi Kseniya,

Thank you for sharing this update of your family and life with Diabetes.

I'm a physician and former faculty member at Harvard and Stanford Medical Schools. I discovered your blog while looking for the best health writers on the web. I reviewed your posts, and think your writing would be a great addition to the Diabetes Type 1 Community on Wellsphere, a top 5 health website that has nearly 5 million visitors monthly. If you would like to learn more about how you can join our Health Blogger Network, republish your blog posts and be featured on the Wellsphere platform, just drop me an email at dr.rutledge@wellsphere.com.

Cheers,
Geoff