Monday, May 4, 2009

May 2nd weekend

This weekend Larissa got invited to two birthday parties. There was some confusion about the dates, locations and times, but we figured it all out.
On Friday it was her friend's Joy 8th birthday. Celebration was at their house with the Mad Science guest appearance. Kids had fun watching chemical reactions, destroying Styrofoam, and making some goo to go. I brought Jon along and he quickly made a friend with Larissa's classmate who taught him a silly Hula dance.

Jon has been asking me for a while if we could have a Mommy & me day again. Things have been hectic at home lately, so we settled on a Mommy & me Breakfast. Jon waned to go to McDonald's and I had to explain that they don't serve chicken nuggets and fries in the morning, but IHOP might be a better choice.
Early Saturday morning we snuck out of the house and had great one on one time. Food is nothing to rave about, but great company more than makes up for it.Jon colored his place mat page while waiting for his food. He insisted on a chocolate pancake and, once again, I have another kid who doesn't like it... He barely took a couple of bites and insisted he was all done. Who can blame him? It was bigger than his head, all covered with a whipped cream.
After we got back to the house, we had to quickly get ready for the swim lessons, which went till noon. Just enough time to get back, change again and head out to another birthday party. This time is was Larissa's friend Alexis' 9th birthday. I let Larissa pick out her clothes and Jon insisted he must wear a tie to such important event. I felt something was not quite right, then I looked at Larissa's feet and had to laugh. Creepy!

I like Jonas Brothers, but not that much!

On Sunday we went out to GoGo Mongolian Grill. It is so nice to be able to choose exactly what you want on your plate! Kids had a pro-rated menu price and their meals came with an ice cream cup (although, it looked "funny". Like it froze and melted a few times.).


Gabe took a picture of me and Jon, then I took one of him and Dad (Gabe is mocking Dad):
Larissa thought food was great and we looked funny taking pictures of each other.

No comments: