Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day weekend, 2009

The only thing that can make a long weekend even better is getting an early start!
On Friday night Intel sponsored a family friendly movie and we got the tickets to attend a 7pm show. Even though we have already seen the movie, we had a great time. Free drinks, snacks and comfortable seats only made "Night at the Museum" better. (No pictures though)

Saturday was my training ride. Once again, I met up with the group of Tour de Cure riders at the park close to my house (so I didn't even have to drive there) and we hit the road. All 23 miles of it... It was fun, I only wish there were more riders, so I could have a company on this unknown route, and that there were more bike lanes. It isn't always fun sharing a road with the big trucks.

This was also my first time using a car lane to cross an intersection. I usually default on a pedestrian crosswalk... (I also learned my hand signals). Weather was perfect and I was done in roughly two hours. To finish a perfect day, we all went out for a sushi meal :-) Yummy!

On Sunday Tim took a 25 mile ride too, and when he got back kids played outside and rode their bikes. Jon gave us all puppy eyes, and we did bike tricks for him:

Larissa started off with feet off the pedals.

Gabe met the challenge with a seat stand

Jon was very impressed!

Monday was another easy going sunny day. We took a walk to the playground at the Shute Park. Kids run around and used the swings.


What a life!

1 comment:

body kits said...

I like how you have presented the information in full detail. Keep up the great work and please stop by my site boom trucks sometime. Keep it up..