Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers Day 2009

My Mothers Day started on Friday. With a Mommy and Me lunch at Jon's school and a parade. Jon's class was "frogs" and Jon thoroughly enjoyed it! It is also the last week he will be in teacher Becky's class. Next Monday he is off to a higher grade...
Being a typical Jon, he couldn't resisit being a little silly!
Mothers Day:
On this day, every year, every Dad in America has an opportunity for a redemption. A "get out of jail free" card, if you will. They can neglect showing appreciation for their wives (Mothers) all year long, as long as they do something special to show they DO care and love their mate.

I noticed an abundance of advertisement on TV and in papers, flower stands on the side of the road, special TV shows, and so on. Everyone wants to cash in on this holiday.

My husband though takes another approach... If you pretend it's not there, then it doesn't exist...

My kids, on the other hand, really took their time picking out the present. Larissa made me a special "tulip" picture at school, Jon made a me a coupon book.
Ok, side note... As I was sitting in Jon's class, listening to the other Moms read out their child's chore coupons, I was looking forward to finding out what I will be using first... Then I opened Jon's... This coupon is good for: "Set a movie", "a music trap" (LEGO Star Wars game reference), and "a new car"! I think I am all set now!
On Saturday I took kids to JCPenney and told them they can pick any bracelet or a ring they liked (or anything else, really) for my present (from a particular display and a price range), as long as it was not metal, not a cross, and had no date :-) Kids couldn't agree and ended up getting a bracelet AND a ring! I couldn't see it till Sunday. Larissa took care of (an extravagant) wrapping job. Well... it was no cross, but there IS a reference to God... Nothing against God, I just feel hypocritical as a person who doesn't even go to church... Kids... They are so pure!
"God made you my MOTHER. Love made you my friend"
Oh, sadly, my ring was all bent. Very apparent, someone tried to pull it off a packaging peice. The way I looked at it was "it must be pretty desireable for someone to try stealing it, so my kids have a good taste!"
On Sunday I fixed Larissa's hair, she put on a new dress... and we didn't have a place to go. So, we went to a grocery store, shopping. Like a couple of total dorks.
Oh, Larissa wasn't happy about it, so there is no "good" picture of a front view...

1 comment:

mary said...

I think for Father's Day he should get a bag of rocks.

Think 'Charlie Brown's Halloween'.