Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Last warm weekend?


I think we finally entered the Fall phase. Only two more weeks left for the Farmers' Market in Hillsboro, and selections are already down to mostly corn, apples, and pumpkins

This weekend we took advantage of not having any plans. Now that my 2009 Portland Marathon is behind me, I no longer feel like I "have" to run. Probably not a good thing, I need the discipline, but I am taking some time off for now (oh, and only a week later, I finally have a picture of myself, proudly wearing the "finisher's" shirt).

Gabe found an iron-on transfer on a cereal box and asked me to transfer it on a t-shirt for him. It didn't quite work as designed and came out really pale. Good thing I have a fabric marker. That fixed the issue:

Since I already had the iron out, I went ahead and finished another long forgotten project. Sparkly design for Larissa's jeans and a word design for her shirt. I think it absolutely describes her perfectly...

I finished a set of bead spiders, and they had a face off. Each one is a little different:

and we finally did a vinegar + baking soda experiment. (Nice choice of bottles, Riss...)


To finish off the weekend, Larissa and I enjoyed the remainder of a sunshine, sitting on the front porch, separating a bag of hazelnut meal (shells from the nuts). They are so yummy!

No comments: