Monday, January 25, 2010

January 23rd weekend.

Another dreary weekend is behind us. Although Saturday looked somewhat promising, it turned into a constant flow of rain and went all the way through Sunday.

On Saturday kids started their swimming classes again. It's been a little while since their last session, so I had a hard time getting everything ready. When we got to the pool I realized what I forgot... A change of dry clothes! Good thing we only live a mile away...
Before the classes everyone were so excited. Larissa was a little nervous though. She said she really didn't want to dive off a deep end. I reassure her that she is not likely to have to do it on the first day of classes. She went to class with a giant smile on her face, only to find out that I was wrong! Very wrong! They did go to deep end... You can literally see the smile disappearing off Larissa's face. She was NOT happy (with me).
After the class Larissa and I went to a Gem Fair. Not the greatest prices, but sheer selection of product was overwhelming. We bought a few things and headed to the demo table.
I nice person there not only taught is how to make jewelry out of split ring, but Larissa got a pretty set of earrings to keep! She wore them all afternoon:
When we stepped outside, it finally stopped raining for a bit and we could clearly see the snowy tip of the mountain. I tried capturing it in the background, but no luck...
After the fair we went to the OR Asian store. At last, a long anticipation was over. OR Asian market is finally re-open in it's new location! We got some snacks and a couple of "bubble teas". They were delish! (note the pinkie)
Rest of the day was nice and relaxing.
On Sunday I made an apple crisp, which was gone by noon. Even the apple peel was well received and totally consumed!
Larissa's friends came over to play some video games. Tim and I were laughing, because of how different girls' and boys' gaming attitude is. If you get a bunch of boys, all you will hear is "Kill them! Follow me! Blow this up!". Whereas with the girls all we heard was: "OK, I am going to put this wall here, and this box there. Who wants to help me? Can you see it? Does it look nice?". And that's playing THE SAME game!

No comments: