Monday, February 22, 2010

Diabetes Expo 2010 weekend

Another great weekend. Incredible weather! Sunny and warm. If I didn't know better, I would assume it's Spring time. Although, it's all about to change, back to "normal" Oregon weather...

This Saturday Larissa and I attended 2010 ADA Diabetes Expo. Our third time attendance in OR and I have to say, it's not much different from the last two. Many, many people looking for samples, great misunderstanding by most vendors of the difference between Type 1 & Type 2, lines and crowds...

I was mostly there to attend Jim Hansen Memorial Symposium. We had the same speaker as last year, who (per his own admission) used the same PowerPoint presentation as last year... so it also wasn't much different from last year.
We stopped by the Gales Creek Camp table and then by the ADA's Tour de Cure table, where Larissa scored a really cool biking "I ride with diabetes" jersey. She then got to play at the obstacle course and climb a rock wall.
On the way out we stopped by the Animas table where we got a free picture drawn by a very talented artist B.Pikus.

We then headed Downtown Portland in hopes of taking great picture, only to realize that I didn't charge my camera battery and after only a handful of pictures, it gave out...
If that wasn't bad enough, my lens filter fell off my camera and shattered.

What a day!

The rest of the family enjoyed a sunny great day and Jon watched another set of Star Wars movies.

No comments: