Monday, March 1, 2010

February 27th weekend


We are getting all set with signing up Jon for Kindergarten for next school year. One thing that was missing is his health/immunization form, so I made an appointment for both boys to see their pediatrician on Friday. Jon was very concerned that he will be getting a shot, but I couldn't lie. Instead, I told him that he will get a $1 if he "behaves himself".

Gabe ended up getting two shots and Jon got FOUR! Poor child was trying so hard to keep his tears from pouring out. Nurse suggested he sings his A-B-C's to get through.

This is when I wish I had a video camera rolling... Jon was trying his hardest to get through all the letters in order, while taking breaths for sobbing. He did very well.

On Saturday I volunteered at a work's Community Garden build. At the last minute I decided to take Miranda along. She didn't have any plans

Ground was extremely muddy and everything was a little disorganized, but we beat the rain and got a big meal served by Rio's Ribs.

I don't know about Miranda, but I am still sore two days later. Digging post holes got to be one of the hardest jobs...

On Sunday we were going to go a few places, but still feeling tired after all the digging, we shortened our travel distance to within a couple of miles from home.

We stopped at the Shute park and found out that all the "big kids" swings are taken off...

We also saw some damage to the swing poles that look too much like a bullet hole. Not cool, whatever it is...


It turned out to be a pretty nice partly sunny day after all the rainy predictions. Kids sure enjoyed playing outside.

No comments: