Monday, March 29, 2010

Sping Break 2010

So, it's official.  Spring 2010 is here!
On Friday Jon, Larissa and I had lunch with Dad.  We chose Japanese.  Tim ordered a dish with tofu, and shared it with Jon.  Jon really liked it.  It's so nice that he is too young to realize that eating tofu is probably not "cool"! 
To compensate for a healthy lunch, on the way back home, we stopped at the bakery store and bought some doughnuts.  As you probably guessed, Jon had a sugar powdered one.

Saturday was a busy day.  I started my morning with a long run, then loaded a couple of mountain bikes into my truck and took Larissa to a Tour De Cure training ride at the Hagg Lake park.  The weather turned out just perfect.  I little chilly, but sunny and peaceful.  My only regret is that I forgot my camera and missed out on some beautiful shots.  We opted to do "out and back" ride rather than a full 12.5 mile circle, which ended up being about 7.3 miles.  Not bad for Larissa's first ride!
Larissa only sustained a couple of minor injuries during the ride, so it was a good one.
Sunday turned back into a typical Portland gloomy Spring day.  Not much desire to play outside, that's for sure.  Instead, we went to the library, where Gabe and I read Jon some books, while Larissa was choosing her literature.
Right outside the library is a nice park with lots of ducks and geese.  We brought some bread to feed them.
At first it was pretty exciting, then the birds got loud and demanding.  Jon didn't like that too much and quickly run away.

No comments: