Monday, March 15, 2010

March 13th weekend

I can tell that school year is near its end.  We have more and more school shows / activities to attend.

On Wednesday Larissa's school had a 2nd & 3rd grade performance.  We got to hear a few songs, some accompanied by a guitar.
Larissa was very worried that she wasn't "dressy enough"...  I think she did just fine!

On Friday I took a day off from work and first, had breakfast with Jon at IHOP, before dropping him off at daycare.
Then, I went to the Winningstad Theatre to see "The True Story of the Three Little Pigs" play with Larissa's class.  Most kids behaved very well, but I think I got the best set.  None of MY kids were trying to be loud or annoying. 
We had a blast!
Friday night Gabe and went to volunteer at my a LAN Party at work.  We helped checking players in.  Registration table was located at the front lobby, so we didn't get to see too much action, but we did a few trips into the play area and got to see a lot of very interesting systems.  Some had lights, some had cool graphics and some even had a fish tank with live fish in it!
On Saturday, after our swimming classes, we took Miranda to the MAX station so that she could go hang out with her friends, then Larissa, Gabe and I went to a Rock and Gem Fair.  We had lots of fun bidding on rocks and ended up bringing home a rock pile.
Sunday was the day to adjust to new time change.  We spent most of the day shopping.
First at Target, where girls spend a good hour or so in a makeup aisle.
Then at ROSS.  Larissa insisted that I need to buy a red bag on wheels that she brought to me, and I kept saying that it was too big for what I needed the bag for, then...  I realized that I wasn't seeing Jon anymore!  As soon as I got ready to panic, I heard a laughter...  coming out of the red bag...

I now know that I "could" take Jon as a carryon!
A few minutes later we found a perfect helmet for Jon, for a fraction of a price compared to Target.  Jon put it on and didn't want to take it off.  Not even for getting it scanned at the cash register!  I am thinking it's a sign that he WILL wear it while playing.
To finish the weekend, Jon and I did some yard work and took a walk around the block.

No comments: