Monday, April 19, 2010

April 17th weekend

It finally started getting warmer and fells more like Spring!

On Saturday I woke up early (5:30am) and couldn't fall asleep, so I decided to do as much as I can in one day.

First thing was getting laundry and dishes, then getting Larissa to the lab for some tests. The doors open at 8am, so we got there a little before that, and already, there was a line! We were number 11. When we were done a little after 9am, we went straight to McDonald's. There wasn't going to be any time to make breakfast at that point.

I gathered the kids, got them fed, their sports' bags set, loaded them into a truck and went straight to LOWE's for a kids' build workshop. This week it was a small planter box. We had so much fun! It was much better than the experience we had at Home Depot years ago.

Tim picked Gabe at the parking lot and took him to the game and I took Larissa and Jon to their swimming class. The biggest challenge of not having Tim or Gabe with me was not being able to get Jon quickly showered and dressed after the class (in a boys’ room). After getting cut off in line to the Family Room a couple of times, I just gave up and had Larissa change in the girls' room and gave Jon a quick shower at the room by the sauna, then despite the sign asking not to change in the hallway, I made Jon get discretely (under the towel) change into dry clothes and we left.

When we got to Gabe's game we found out that they are, once again, playing against a Sunset team. Sigh... I think Tim lost score count a while back. It was something like "2 to a whole lot" in Sunset's favor.

It didn't seem to bother Gabe too much though, he just wanted to go home...

I still had things to take care of, like an oil change... I bribed Jon and Larissa with a lunch promise and they agreed to go with me. After we dropped my car off, we just went across the street. I heard there was a pretty nice Indian restaurant and wanted to check it out. I was not disappointed!

Great selection and great service!

By the time we were back home I just wanted to relax, but not so fast... Larissa asked to invite her friend for a sleepover and we agreed to let her. Kids played outside until it started getting dark, which turns out is a lot later than it used to be... so dinner time is now around 9pm!

Sunday was our "work in the yard" day.

I feel like we made so much progress! We tore out an old bench in the backyard and I got rid of all the blackberry bushes, and now we have a spot for my vegetable garden! I still got a lot of work to do though, like actually make the raised bed.

After much contemplating, Tim and I bought a new lawn mower. I don’t know if I have seen a grown man and a little boy more excited about a new toy!

Tim taught Gabe how to properly use it and Gabe mowed our front yard. He asked for a permission to do this weekly. I have no problem with that ;-)

We did run into some issues with our edger. I wouldn’t start, so we changed the oil, the air filter, the spark plug... nothing! It still won’t start! We left it to deal with next weekend!

The next thing I know, our weekend is all gone... oh, how fast the time flies when you having so much fun!

Oh, yes, let's not forget about Larissa's tooth!  Although, apparently, the toothfairy did forget...  oos!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,

You have a nice blog. I just thought of mentioning about this website www.dustmitesallergies.org. They seem to offer specialized advice of dust mite allergy.