Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter 2010 weekend.

Easter came on a cold and rainy weekend this year.

On Saturday Gabe had his first lacrosse game. 
It was freezing and rainy, so first thing I did was get a hot cup of coffee to hold on to.
Hillsboro (HALO) played against Beaverton Sunset team.  As soon as we saw Beaverton team, we knew that we didn't stand a chance.  This picture explains it all (Gabe is in the black shirt.  Other three players from the Sunset team):
I think final score was 1:6 but everyone had lots of fun playing, and that's all that matters.

Later in the day I found out that ducks are back in our backyard, and I learned that not only they can fly, but they also can perch on a tree brunch (there was another female duck sitting on top of a birdhouse, but I didn't get my camera out fast enough):
In less than an hour I see a blue heron join the party:

On Sunday I placed a bunch of clues from the Easter Bunny all over the house.  Kids had a blast following them to get to the final prize.
Here are all the collected clues, gathered together:

Jon loves his new Star Wars - Clone Wars helmet.  It stayed on most of the day.
After lunch I took Larissa out for hot Chai Tea latte.  We chose Pete's Coffee & Tea house.  It was great!
Then we decided that we didn't care if it is raining and all the kids should go to a playground.  At first Jon didn't want to come out of the car, but once he did, he had so much fun:
Once we got thoroughly wet with rain, we went back home for a cup of hot chocolate.

No comments: