Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Happy 10th Birthday Larissa weekend

Our weekend started long before Saturday. 

Monday was Larissa's theater performance.  It was not at all like the ones put on by a previous teacher.  Perhaps it's the stile that didn't agree with us, but we were quite disappointed...  Larissa also decided not to attend next session, so I had her un-enrolled.

On Thursday, the 4th, it was Tim's birthday.  Since it was a weeknight with work and school, we didn't make any big plans.  Tim got a Kinect system for Xbox360 and spent the night playing it with the kids, while I attended my last Sketching class.  Nice dinner and a relaxing night watching TV was just a perfect way to end the day.

On Friday night I had tickets to see Filmmusic performance.  Initially I had two tickets for Tim and Larissa to go, but then we scored two more free tickets.  Tim didn't seem interested, so I took Miranda, Larissa and Jon along.  We really didn't know what to expect.  We knew that we will be seeing an old movie and there will be live music.  What we didn't know is that there will also be actors on stage reading all the lines from the Gulliver's Travel animated movie, orchestra, soloists, and a group doing the sound effects.  We had a blast watching the performance and would probably do this again!

Saturday was Larissa's 10th birthday.  We didn't feel like making a cake, so I baked some cupcakes.  For some reason my batch only made eight cupcakes (I was hoping for 10), so I lined them up like a Roman numeral "X" for 10.  I think Russians have an expression for that "Necessity is a Mother of invention".  I AM Russian after all.

All Larissa wanted was to go shopping at Justice store, and a Build a Bear store.  We accomplished the first.  I simply didn't have enough energy to do the latter.  Another day!

Quick lunch with Mom to follow at Quidoba's, then home to play Kinect!

No comments: