Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy 2010 Thanksgivings Day and a Black Friday to all!


 The week of Thanksgivings Day started off cold, with the temperatures dropping well below a freezing level.  Larissa kept chanting that she REALLY-REALLY wanted some snow.  The rest of the kids didn't care, as long as the school was canceled.  Their wish came true on Tuesday
Everyone got to sleep in just a little longer than they would if there was school, but by 8am we already had Gabe's friends knocking on the door, asking if anyone wanted to come play outside.  Gabe didn't want to, but Larissa and Jon did.  Even with the hand and feet warmers, they didn't last long.  Too cold to play outside we ended up hosting a video game party with a few of the neighbor kids in attendance.

On Wednesday Jon, Larissa and I took some home-baked goods and some juice to school for a Teachers Appreciation breakfast (that was initially scheduled for Tuesday).  I took half a day off from work to finish up my feast shopping.  I just beat all the big crowds too.

Thursday started off early for me.  I woke up at 5am (without any alarm set) and started getting things ready.  Turns out that my 20 lb turkey was a little to big to fit into a slow cooker (as I initially planned) and had to go into oven.  Larissa helped me with the cranberry sauce and boys just helped by staying out of my way.  By noon even Miranda was up, so we sat down for a really nice meal.  I have to say, everything was just perfect!

After eating our meal we attempted to do our typical photo session, where we all sit on the couch all dressed up and ready, then one of the kids starts throwing a fit, then another one does, I take a million of photos with a hope of getting ONE decent picture, then I get frustrated, give up and we all watch TV...

Here is the shot I find most humorous:
and here is what it felt like:
 Why, oh why do I even try?..

As we were finishing up our long day, Jon was already fast asleep, Miranda in bed, Gabe and Larissa started asking me questions about Black Friday.  After some thinking I told them get in the car, I will show you what it's all about!  So, at midnight we headed out to a new adventure.

Old Navy was already open and all the good stuff long claimed.  The line went all the way around the store and back out.  Totally crazy!  For what?...  I got all the same deals online later on!
there was no way I was going to stay in line for a $5 break!

I hope my kids learned a lesson and won't try this any time soon.  :-)


We stopped by the Krispy Kreme doughnut, hoping to bring a treat home, but they were closed.  I guess there is no Black Friday there:
Better luck another time!

No comments: