Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas 2010

and then it was Christmas!
Even though, everyone knows "when" Christmas is going to arrive, we all still manage to not be ready for it..

As kids are getting older, their demands and wishes get more and more expensive too.

I took a week off between pre-Christmas and a New Year, as I try every year.  This is my chance to spend more time with the kids while they are home on a Winter break.


Thursday morning Jon and I managed to sneak out of the house for an early breakfast.  His choice - IHOP...  at first I wasn't too thrilled, but went anyway, and I was pleasantly surprised with their menu's improvement. 
Jon chose mixed fruit bowl and a side order of turkey bacon (kids totally love it).  I got some eggs and ham with a side of banana bread french toast.  It was actually good.

While at breakfast, Jon and I decided to stop by the Dollar Tree store next door and get  some prizes for the Christmas eve or New Year's eve games.  I don't think Jon realized then that "he" might end up with some of his choices...  later about that.


On Friday we cooked up a bunch of finger foods and deserts.  Kids helped me decorate Oreo Balls, which we dipped into melted chocolate and covered with whatever we felt like.  Kids kept adding sour worms to it.

 We finished the night playing Kinect games.


Larissa left Santa some milk and freshly baked mint cookies...

It payed off, Santa left some presents for the kids

Even the big ones...

By the way, getting all dressed up for Christmas Morning was NOT my idea.  Kids surprised me with the shirts and ties on.


Later in the weekend I made two sets of hand warmers, one for Larissa and one for me.  They sure feel nice, I am wearing mine right now, as I type.

No comments: