Monday, December 13, 2010

December 11th weekend

No doubt, the Oregon rainy season has started.  I think it rained the whole week, on and off.

Saturday started with some heavy showers.  We all got up early for the Elementary School's Chess Tournament.  Both Larissa and Jon are in the club, and they were both scheduled to play non-competitive games.  Just as I was afraid, Jon refused to play any games with strangers, despite his teacher's high praises.  How frustrating (for me)! I decided not to push the issue, even though on the inside I was pretty pissed off.


Larissa played a total of six games.  Some against kids on her level, and some against a higher level.  In total she lost three and tied three.

After a while Jon worked up the nerve to play one game.  I think he just wanted to make peace with me...  The game was pretty quick, Jon lost, but I didn't really care.  I am just glad he tried.

On Sunday I took Larissa out for lunch.  We ate at what is now becoming our traditional lunch place, Hot Pot 'n Sushi. Followed by a quiet evening at home with a great slow cooked chicken dinner.

No comments: