Wednesday, January 16, 2008

January 19th weekend

Awww... the Oregon coast weather. Perfect for a walk and a cup of hot chocolate at the end! We did just that. Took a really long walk around our new neighborhood and ended up at a Starbucks. Warmed up a bit and then headed back home. We discovered that our new apartments have a racquetball facility. We immediately checked it out. Seems like getting it reserved won't be an issue, hardly see anyone there during the cold months. One thing though, as I discovered, it won't be much of a workout for me, unless I go by myself. With the kids in there I had to be careful and basically just let them have their fun

This Saturday we went to OMSI (http://www.omsi.edu/) and ended up getting a membership. There was just way too much to do in one day, and I just knew we would want to come back a few times this year. Less than two visits pays for the membership. I am not sure if that means that membership is cheap or regular admission is too expensive... hmm...
Boys just loved the Chemistry lab. It was really sweet seeing Gabe showing Jon how it works.
(They did a luminous + hydrogen peroxide = glowing water)


Water fun is always a hit with kids. Note to self: roll those sleeves next time!

It's really nice how kids can learn science by playing with fun things!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you had a blog! Noticed it in the diabetes365 discussion. I just spent (hmm, not really sure) a WHILE, reading all of your back posts.

Your family is so cute and it was fun to read the stories that did not make it into d365.

You might want to consder getting your blog added to the DiabetesDaily headline feed. I don't know if you are interested in more diabetics or parents of diabetic checking out your blog, but I know a lot of people check for updated through there. http://www.diabetesdaily.com/news/headlines/
The link to get added is on the lower right hand side.