Monday, June 29, 2009

Big concert weekend

What a weekend we had! So packed with fun, I am not sure I can recall it all...

On Friday night my friend Mary was offered a few free tickets to Jonas Brothers' concert on a Saturday night and I was more than happy to accept some. I knew that if nothing else, Larissa would be thrilled to go. When I checked their website I found out that they would not allow any "professional" cameras (a.k.a. SLR camera) at the show. So, I decided it was time to invest into something more portable, something that would fit in a pocket, just to have handy in case you need it. Lucky for me, I still had $75 worth of Wellness gift cards (thanks Intel!), so my purchase price was greatly reduced. I went to the store with a full intent to by a Nikon, but walked out with a Canon... I guess I am a Canon gal after all...

We already had plans to attend ADA sponsored Family Connection event at the Bullwinkle's Fun Center and that how we started off our Saturday. This was a great day for any outdoor activity, but especially when it is free and fun. Larissa ended up winning a pair of Box seat tickets for the Jonas Brother's event there! That made up our mind, the whole family will go!

Kids had so much fun playing arcade games

And shooting Mom with a water gun (even though I asked them not to, sigh...)

But we had to leave early to get ready for the concert. We stopped by Mary's house to get the tickets and found out that she will be able to join us (she got an extra ticket)! Things were just getting better and better.

Once home, we got ready for the next fun event, hopped the MAX train and headed downtown.

Larissa made sure she had a proper attire (and a matching Jonas Brothers handbag) and proudly showed off her tickets.

Concert was GREAT! Everything was so well thought out. The lights, the smoke, the props. Honor Society, Jordin Sparks & Wonder Girls as the opening acts.

We all had fun watching the show, but all wished we brought some ear plugs... Let's just say that 10,000 pre-teen girls yelling at the same time can make your ears ring for days.

What was pretty incredible Tim and Larissa's box seat was almost directly behind us, so we basically got to see everything from the same point (with the exception of having to pay for our food and drinks...).

But what was even more incredible is that Jonathan managed to fall asleep a couple of songs into JB's part of the show and sleep all the way through! I didn't think ANYONE can sleep through the noise, but he proved me wrong. Gabe took a catnap too, but he will never admit it...

On Sunday all the alarm clocks were turned off, all the window shades were drawn shut. We needed some sleep! No one was up before 9am and Larissa was the last one to get up at 11:30am!!


It was such a gorgeous day, we HAD to go pick some berries. Strawberries are pretty much gone, and blueberries are just starting. We were able to get a large box filled, then kids lost interest in picking and started playing a jungle game.

Larissa was hunting in tall grasses.

And Jon went shirtless. Because no one wears shirt in a jungle.

Gabe stayed home, too tired to go outside, while catching up on his video games. When I got home, he got a hold of the new camera and "went to town". I KNOW he is my son now. He took a bunch of subject pictures like this one:

No comments: