Monday, June 8, 2009

June 6th

At this point I think kids are totally out of energy when it comes to school. It is so close to the end of a school year, they are practically running on fumes... I guess we have to pay back for all the snow days we got to enjoy around Christmas time.

Week's temperatures dropped back into 70's and this weekend it was mostly overcast. We are done with all the swimming and boxing commitments, so it was easy to do nothing, and we did nothing so well!

It feels like all I did was clean, shop for food, cook, eat and watch movies all weekend...
Gabe and Larissa went back and forth between an XBox and a PC. If you saw one of them on either device, it was a sure bet the other person was on the other.
Jon found Larissa's old tae-kwan-do pants and wore them all day Sunday. He pretended to be fighting the Evil Empire forces, by jumping off the couch while making sound effects...
About a week ago our butterflies have finally hatched. We started with five eggs. One didn't make it, so only four became butterflies.
Our cat is completely obsessed with getting to them. No place is too high or too safe for the poor creatures. He finally managed to push their "house" off the counter, and as it hit the floor, a piece of orange inside of it landed on one of the butterflies, killing it instantly... We are now down to three.

I am pretty sure cat knows he is doing something wrong...

On Sunday morning I was upstairs when Larissa run up in excitement, and yelled "Come downstairs, you got to see it! And bring your camera, it's pretty cool!"
What do you think I saw that was so "cool"?.. this:

Now, how is that "cool" I asked. She replied: "Daddy spilled Cheerios!" OK... back to cleaning for me... Not cool!

As Sunday evening approached, I felt like I didn't accomplish much (although I did a LEGO photo shoot project... more info to follow later), so I made an earrings set for Larissa, which she proudly wore to school on Monday :-)

No comments: