Monday, June 22, 2009

Fathers Day weekend, 2009

This weekend was mostly about catching up on the projects.
Saturday was filled running errands, shopping, returning books to the library, Saturday Market, etc. Tim finished working on Larissa (rebuilt) bike and she got to ride it around the block, testing it. I think it came out really nice and pretty much everything but the seat was upgraded.
I finally sat down and finished my MOO cards' collage for the boys' room. The kids liked it too.
It was hard to get kids motivated to do much. They are now in a vacation mode. Which means an all day rotation between a PC and a Game console...

Sunday was Fathers Day and Tim got to go biking with his friend from work. I think they both had a lot of fun (although I bet they are both sore now) and made it back just in time before it started pouring down rain.

My weekend was quiet. I did some house cleaning, washing, scrubbing, etc. I did go looking for a new TV amplifier antenna, but apparently with the new digital TV conversion, everyone else had the same idea... Best Buy was completely sold out! I will try again later.
On our way back from the stores Jon and I came across a Disney Warehouse sale (last day at this location), so we stopped by. Prices weren't all that excellent, but I am sure much better that at the resort. We got Larissa new "High School Musical 3" backpack for school (I couldn't pass a $5 bargain) and then we came across some Mickey Mouse ears with the 50th anniversary logo. Coincidentally, that was the year we went to Disney Land. Jon and Larissa lost their ears before we got back home, so for $1.50 I got Jon a replacement set of ears. I do believe they are much fancier than what he had originally (plain black), but he was only 9 months old, so he doesn't remember, not does he care.
Oh, and we finally "tried" taking care of our bee issue... Saturday night Tim plugged their entryway with a screen material, but the little buggers worked really hard all day Sunday and managed to create a tiny way in and out. So, Sunday night Larissa gave Tim some of her play dough and he sealed the hole again (on top of the screen). I am keeping my fingers crossed that it does the trick!

No comments: