Monday, September 21, 2009

Last weekend of Summer 2009

Another fast paced weekend for me.
This Saturday Jon got an invitation to attend his friend Jack's birthday party. We got a present and a card on Friday, all set to go.
Tim got a cold and instead of him taking Jon to the party and me taking Larissa to the Michael's store for an American Girl crafts event, I now had to decide who goes and who doesn't. Of course, birthday took priority.
On Saturday morning I decided to do my routine a little different. Instead of running my long run then going to the Saturday Market I did it the other way around... or so I thought I would...
Going to the market early means getting first dibs and not risking getting something sold out before you get there. We got three bags full of goodies, some mini-doughnuts and a cup of coffee for me. Quick stop at McDonald's to get Tim his breakfast (which, once again, I manage to mess up on getting the right one...) and we are home. Before getting into my running attire on I double checked the invitation and realized that it is not at 1pm (as I thought fore some odd reason), but at 11am! Here goes my long run.
When I dropped Jon at the party, it dawns on me, we are only a couple of minuted away from the Michael's store, so I go back home, get Larissa and we make it to the crafts session. Score!
On the way home from the party we stopped for lunch at Hot Pot N Sushi where we manage to consume plates and plates of food. So much for a light lunch. But I don't say no when Jon wants edemame and fried calamari, even if doesn't know "exactly" what it is, I rather he acquires the taste for good food early.
On Sunday I finally get to try something "different". I made salsa using fresh yellow tomatoes (and other fresh ingredients from the market).
One of the tomatoes was very oddly shaped. It had a witch's nose on it:
No matter, it all goes in. Fresh cilantro, garlic, onion, etc.
I like to blend all the ingredients first, then add jalapenos
I think original recipe called for a couple of jalapenos, but over time my recipe got up to five-six jalapenos. We like it HOT!
Despite it's strange color/look, this is got to be the best salsa I ever had. The sweetness of the yellow tomatoes, combined with all the fresh ingredients and fresh Bavarian garlic. Yummy!
Another interesting even on Sunday was a special present my family got me. It was Tim's idea, but everyone were quick to take a credit. He got my XBox's avatar a camera! It doesn't do anything, but it now truly represents my persona. It's the small things that count.
I will have to take a picture of it, ha ha ha!

No comments: