Friday, September 25, 2009

Music to my ears

I finally got around doing what I was going to do over a year ago. I got everyone signed up for art/music & sport activities! My thinking is that kids won't have the time to get in trouble if they don't have the time. Right?..

As of next week, Gabe is going to be in a school band and a swimming class (and possibly in a drama class), Larissa is in an acting class, a piano class and a swimming class, and Jon is in a swimming class with the occasional holiday fun classes to come. I even manged to find some open times to sign myself up for a couple of fun classes. A jewelry making (one day) and a glass fusing (two days). I think that is a good start.

We had some trouble deciding which instrument to get Gabe to play in the school band, but then we came to the rental night and had a chance to test them all. We just knew that Euphonium was meant to be for him. That was what we initially were going for, but wanted to make sure he liked it.
What I am mostly proud of is that I finally got an idea for Tim's birthday present! Forget all the electronic gadgets, he has enough of that! He has been talking for a while about wanting to learn to play a guitar, so I got him signed up for some classes and he got to pick out an acoustic guitar (and a case). I think he likes the present :-)

My only worry at this point is all the possible music-making-noise I might have to endure in my house. But I am not worried too much. My kids are not known for practicing enough...

No comments: