Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas! 2009

The Christmas of 2009 is now behind us!

On Thursday we got a chance to drive by my manager's house and see her Christmas lights. Kathy's husband creates a small village of lights. He starts right after the Halloween and I can see why he starts so early. There are so many lights, you can clearly see which house is theirs from way down the road. It is truly magical!

We knocked on their front door and were rewarded with some candy canes.

On Christmas eve we had a wonderful time cooking food, watching movies and playing board games. We finally built the gingerbread house (I managed to make the house base stick together, after I accidentally made it collapse at my first attempt. Too inpatient!)

As soon as it was dry enough, kids went on decorating it. Granted, I did most of the icing, kids were the final designer team of where the candies went on.

Even though there was an attempt to sabotage the house, while the rest of the team looked away, the project was a success!

I think it came out pretty nice!

Kids are very happy to be able to sleep in this whole week. Even on the Christmas morning we had to wait for them to get up longer than we had in the past years. Surprisingly, Tim was the first one to be up, then Gabe, myself, the the rest.

Santa left kids a note thanking them for the treats.

On the Christmas morning we all gathered in the living room and went on with opening our presents. I think everyone got what they wanted and everyone came out happy. My present (apparently) will arrive in a week or two. Shhh! it's a secret.

I know we tend to eat a lot of junk food when on vacations, so I tried to sneak some healthy food onto my kids' dessert plates...That night Larissa and I painted each other's faces with her new face markers.I have another week of fun ahead of me! Yahoo!

No comments: