Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving's Day 2009

Happy Thanksgiving's Day!
We lived through another one, without burning down the house or passing out from overeating!

There wasn't much planning, as far as a menu. Since it's only our immediate family, we just make the "staple foods" and whatever extra we feel like that day.
I always manage to forget to make something too. This year it was the sweet potatoes. No need to fear though, I quickly whipped some sweet potato fries. Can't say that anyone actually liked it though... Oh, well, no one really likes sweet potatoes at my house anyway.

We started off with our tradition of taking a family photo to be later used on a Christmas card. As always, kids were only able to tolerate about 30 seconds of it, and then went into their "silly" mode.

No worries, I am sure I can "photoshop" something decent for a final product!

We then had a great feast, with another traditional photo of our funny faces.

I then made a mistake of leaving my camera unattended and now have about 50 extra pictures to prove it...

Since this was every one's long weekend, we all got to catch up on all the projects. Kids got caught up on their gaming. I got to make a few "I have been meaning to do that" projects, then Tim and I painted our new beautiful garage door. It is worth every penny! ...and now it has a functioning door lock too...

No comments: