Thursday, December 31, 2009

My week off.

It is wonderful to have a whole week off to spend with the family. No school, no plans!

Monday Larissa and I went out for lunch. We decided to try a noodle place by my work. We ordered a noodle dish and a rice dish. They were both equally delish. It was also nice to spend a little 1:1 time.
On Tuesday boys insisted that it was "unfair" that Larissa and I had a lunch out, and we must all go do something together. We headed out to Uwajimaya store to get the "marble" soda and a bunch of other snacks. Shopping made us hungry and we "had to have" some food at my favorite sushi place, Hot Pot n' Sushi. No need to convince me.
While eating we noticed some snow flakes that started falling outside. By the time we were done, it was a full downpour of snow. Within an hour roads turned into a challenge I was not prepared to take on. The drive that usually takes 15 minutes to make was a nervous 45 minute drive. I was in lane behind a police car and next to a chemical carrying truck. I did NOT want to full around in the snow! Half way home patrol car in front of me had to resolve a traffic accident congestion. By the time I got home, I was ready for a tall drink and warm blanket.
Not so fast! Kids HAD to go play in the snow now! We all had great time, then settled in for the night. Our neighbors, however, decided to take the fun a little too far. They tied a sleigh behind a pickup truck and drove up and down our street. They drove us nuts, but we ignored them. Apparently, someone else was not as patient, and at 1:00 AM (yes, 1:00 AM!) we saw some flashing lights outside. It was two patrol cars pulling over the neighbors. We think someone finally called in. We can finally get some rest...

On Wednesday Gabe, Larissa and I took Dad out for lunch. Nothing fancy, just the KFC. On the way home we stopped by the recycling center to cash in on the empty bottles. Each kid had taken a guess the day before on how much money all that was worth. The winner (without going over) was to win the cash. Larissa was only 5 cents off, but she went over, so I took the winnings. A whole $4.45!

To get ready for the new year kids got their haircuts (all but Gabe). Jon didn't like that idea at all! He refused to look at the hairdresser, but got a decent haircut anyway.

Larissa went with layers,
and Miranda just got a trim.
With all the excitement, I completely forgot that Larissa had a piano lesson. Not until I got a call from her teacher! Off we go again... made it to half the class.

Later that night we went to the Skate World for a cheap skate night. Turns out it was a Christian night, so they limited the type of music that was played, but other than that, it was no different than any other night.

This is where I discovered what a champ Jon is. This was actually his first time skating, but we already had the roller skates for him. He put them on and declared that he DOES NOT need any one's help! A number of hard falls later and a busted lip, he was well on his way!!! At the end of the night he went around the rink, without holding a wall, THREE TIMES! I am so impressed.
Thursday started off with a heavy rain. I woke up to the loud noise of rain hitting the skylight. The rest of the day went by pretty slow. All of us just chilling, just the way it should be on the last day of 2009!

2 comments:

mary said...

Wow, looks like you're having a great time!!!!

And when does Mary get her lunch with 'mom'? When?

DMIS techs need love too...........

jenrust said...

I agree... you need to share the love Kseniya... lets make plans!