Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Last week in May (continuing)

Here is how the rest of my crazy week went.

On Thursday night Miranda played in a Powder Puff game.  Seniors vs. Juniors.  Game started off a little slow, but soon enough adrenaline kicked in, a few cheats were discovered and a few minutes before the end of the game hair pulling/punch throwing started and the game was stopped.  Done!
From what we gathered, this marks third year of losing for the Senior class :-(

Friday night was a little slow, just perfect before a busy weekend.  We enjoyed playing basketball outside.

Saturday started early.  I volunteered to help at the Children's Cancer Association Caring Cabin.  When I signed up I neglected to look up it's location, so it came to me as quite a shock that in Cloverdale, which is roughly 80 miles drive!  Instead of bailing out, I took extra helping hands alone (Larissa and Miranda) and we made a Girls' Day Out of it.
Weather threatened to get us cold and wet at first, but by our arrival time, it warmed up, and the sun picked out.  We had a great time cutting and cleaning overgrown vegetation off the walking path by the cabin.  It was so peaceful there.
Before we headed back home, we stooped at the beach.  Of course we didn't expect it to be warm, so none of us was dressed to play in the water...  That didn't stop Larissa.  She quickly disconnected her insulin pump, and run into ocean.  Clothes and all!  After a while we were able to get her back on dry land and headed to the next destination.  We did have to get Larissa's pants off of her and hold them out of the sunroof to get them to dry out...

We planned on stopping by the Air Museum, but got distracted by a rummage sale to benefit Search and Rescue organization. Most of the stuff was junk, but we managed to find some "hidden" treasures. LOL
At that point we decided to skip the museum and go straight to our next point.  Tillamook Cheese Factory.
A quick run through a sample line, long stop at the gift shop, then some ice cream.  Yummy!  All the nuts too, since Gabe wasn't there.

Across the street we came across a vegetable stand next to a seafood restaurant.  There was a giant pile of oyster shells
When we finally got home, I found worried "boys" awaiting our return.  Apparently, my phone battery died and they weren't able to get a hold of us.

On Sunday we spent a nice family day together.  Shopping for new shoes, then REI, then Wild Buffalo's for lunch, then a movie at home.  Jon got a new basketball.  It is a little smaller and a little lighter than an official type.  He loved it and was able to score with it right away!
On Monday I felt that I really HAVE been taking it too easy with my not-training and not-running.  I don't have a good excuse, just a lack of free time.
(Larissa with a mouthfull of gummies)

So, I loaded Larissa's and Gabe's bikes into my truck and drove us to my work.  It has a nice 3.8 mile loop around and not usually crowded, so it's perfect for the kids to bike and for me to run.
Kids lasted two rounds, and I (according to my phone pedometer) was able to finish 9.3 miles :-)
After that, some yard work, some grocery shopping and my long weekend is all gone!

BTW, Jon thinks high heel shoes are really funny and Mommy should get a pair with the highest heel there is:

No comments: